Front Coilover ConversionUsing QA-1 88-98 C1500 Coil-Over Conversion Kit Products
I’ve been reading and researching ways to improve the front suspension and handling of this 1993 Indy Pace Truck for as long as I’ve owned it. It has already been lowered with dropped spindles and shorter coil springs, but still uses the stock control arms. I’ve done several things to help this system.
- Upgraded to Belltech Street Performance shock absorbers
- Replaced the stock sway bar with a Ridetech heavy-duty anti-sway bar and couplings
- Replaced the stock control arm rubber bushings with polyurethane.
It’s March 2023, and I’ve decided to upgrade further by using the QA-1 Level 2 Front Coil-Over Conversion for 88-98 C1500 Trucks. This kit is made in the USA and includes upper and lower tubular control arms, polyurethane bushings, single-adjustable coil-over spring/shocks, and all mounting hardware (using stock mounting points).
March 14, 2023
- I ordered the QA1-52612-S550 kit from Summit Racing last week and it arrived this past Saturday.
- I also ordered new QA1-5252 Tie Rod Sleeves to dress up the front tie rods a bit.
- The photos show the assembled kit from QA-1, and the kit as it arrived and I opened it up in my garage.
- I’ve scheduled the weekend of April 1-2 to do the conversion at my mechanic Paul’s shop.
- The truck will need to be aligned after the conversion, which Paul will also do.