Blueprint Engines "383 Stroker" Warranty Fix & ReInstallationBlueprint Engines contracts Dave's Auto Service for the Warranty labor.
March 16, 2020 – Let the good times roll!
This morning I dropped the 1993 Chevy C1500 Indy Pace Truck off at Dave’s Auto Service in Madison, WI, and left it in the capable hands of Master Technician, Paul Buckham. Here’s the game plan as I understand it from Blueprint Engines Warranty Department.
Dave’s Auto Service has been contracted by Blueprint Engines to perform the following warranty services:
- Remove the currently installed 383 Stroker (BP38302CT) from the truck and have it shipped back to Blueprint Engines, in Kearney, NB.
- In 4-6 weeks weeks (my estimate) upon receiving the rebuilt and corrected 383 Stroker engine back from Blueprint Engines, re-install it in the truck along with several modifications and upgrades that will also be provided by Blueprint:
- Install a Holley Sniper fuel injection system on the appropraite manifold as supplied. This will replace the OEM TBI system.
- Upgrade the fuel pressure with a booster pump to bring it to 60 psi
- Install and program the Holley Sniper transmission controller for my 4L60E trans that bypasses the OEM ECU, and sync’s the engine with the new Holley Sniper fuel delivery system.
- Other mods that may be identified in this process
Paul has agreed to send me photos and updates on the process while the truck is in the shop so I can keep this blog up to date. I am cautiously optimistic and hopeful that this endeavor will work out well and I will end up with a truck and engine combo that really works well!
March 18, 2020
This morning I received a batch of photos and updates from Paul Buckham at Dave’s Auto Service. The engine is out and being prepared to crate up and ship back to Blueprint Engines. I’m thankful that the truck will be stored inside at Dave’s for the interim!
A shout out to Paul Buckham, Master Technician, for the progress photos and updates!
March 25, 2020
We have received notice from FedEx that the engine was delivered to Blueprint Engines on Monday, March 23, 2020. So, the work on rebuilding and correcting it can begin.
I have been in discussion with Paul at Dave’s Auto Service about doing some work in prep of the engine return and re-installation. This includes:
- Replace the 4L60E trans oil filter and fluids
- Fabricate new trans fluid cooling lines
- Replace power steering low pressure hose and fluids
- Also under discission is testing the radiator for leaks and correcting any problems
- Researching options to raise the front suspension 1 to 2 inches.